The new year’s first Downtown Art Walk, presented by the Downtown Bellingham Partnership, will take place from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 3, in various venues.
The lineup of events and exhibits includes:
– Allied Arts of Whatcom County presenting a multimedia show, titled “The Art of Light and Technology,” which features three artists and a technology display by exhibition sponsor, Bellingham-based SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.
– The Leopold Retirement Residence hosting Adinah John, a local painter who currently resides at The Leopold. Her work represents her Jewish heritage.
– Make.Shift Art Space hosting the first solo show of Mat Hudson, a local Bellingham illustrator.
– The Dreamspace Art Studios showcasing the work of its 12 studio artists.
– Seifert & Jones Wine Merchants, in conjunction with the Lucia Douglas Gallery, featuring work by Susie Wind, Scott Williams, Thomas Wood, Diane Culhane, Suzanne Decuir and Margaret Van Patten.
– The Stamp & Coin Place featuring the comic and cartoon work of Alex Morrow.
More information on exhibits and event locations is available online.