Washington Super Lawyers Magazine recognized eight Whatcom County attorneys in its list of “2015 Super Lawyers.”
The list relies on a multiphase selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by the magazine’s research staff, a peer review of candidates by practice area and a good-standing and disciplinary check, according to a press release from the magazine.
Here’s an alphabetical list of the lawyers, along with their areas of practice:
– Dean Brett, of Brett McCandlis and Brown, focusing on major personal injury and wrongful death law.
– Philip Buri, of Buri Funston Mumford, focused on appeals, civil litigation, and community associations.
– Robert D. Butler, of the Law Office of Robert D. Butler, concentrating on criminal defense and employment litigation law.
– Frank Chmelik, of Chmelik Sitkin & Davis, practicing law in the areas of business transactions, environmental cleanup and compliance, and municipal government.
– Mark A. Kaiman, of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone, PLLC, focused on state and federal criminal defense, aviation law, and military law.
– Jeffrey A. Lustick, of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone, PLLC, focused on state and federal criminal defense, aviation law, and military law.
– Barry Meyers, Elder Law Offices of Barry M. Meyers, practicing law in the areas of estate planning, advocating, counseling and education for client disability, aging, illness, incapacity, and death.
– Jon Sitkin, of Chmelik Sitkin & Davis, focusing on zoning, land-use planning, real estate, municipal government, and water law.