The local branch of HUB International, a global insurance brokerage firm, is hosting a free seminar on health care reform and benefit changes for employers from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 5 at the Bellingham Country Club, at 3729 Meridian St.
HUB International’s Health Care Practice Chief Compliance Officer Sibyl Bogardus will cover the following topics, according to a press release:
– Lessons from last year’s enrollment and rollout of group health reform
– Will technology catch up to legal requirements?
– The effects of individual exchange enrollment, subsidies and premium payments
– Key dates and likely outcomes in the supreme court case
– Likely changes due to the current Republican Congress
– Increased Department of Licensing and Internal Revenue Service audit activity
Hub Northwest’s Vice President of Employee Benefits Jennifer Ortmeyer will also speak about the local market for health care.
To RSVP to the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.