The Ferndale Chamber presented awards to 10 local businesses and business people before about 200 people at its Diamond Jubilee Awards Banquet on Jan. 21.
The banquet celebrated the 60 years that the Ferndale Chamber has been a part of the community and also recognized those chamber members who contributed the organization and community last year.
Dianne Blakesley of Kelly’s O’Deli was recognized with the chamber’s Member of the Year award.
Other winners include:
- Alyssa Springs of Flow Motion, Ambassador of the Year;
- Larry Hoffman of Whatcom County Fire District 7, Board Member of the Year;
- Rhonda Oxford of the Carnation Oxford Building, Volunteer of the Year;
- Ferndale Grocery Outlet, Up and Coming Business of the Year;
- Pete’s Auto Repair, Spirit of Ferndale Award;
- Ferndale Food Bank, Non-Profit of the Year;
- BelleWood Acres, Environmental Star Award;
- Star Rentals, Executive Director’s Recognition Award;
- Ferndale Heritage Society, Presidential Recognition Award;
- Lisa Hanley of Banker Septic Tank Pumping Inc. was also recognized for joining the Chamber Board of Directors.