The Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement has released the January schedule for its ongoing community-workshop series on end-of-life choices.
Participants in the workshops—which are free, open to the public and do not require registration—will learn about the importance for advanced-care planning, how to select a durable power of attorney for health care, how to speak with loved and doctors about end-of-life preferences, and how to complete and file advace-directive paperwork.
The workshops are scheduled for:
– Saturday, Jan. 4; 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.; Village Books, 1200 11th St., Bellingham
– Wednesday, Jan. 8; 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.; Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living, 223 E. Bakerview Road, Bellingham
– Wednesday, Jan. 8; 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.; The Willows, 3115 Squalicum Parkway, Bellingham
– Thursday, Jan. 9; 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; North Fork Library, 7506 Kendall Road, Maple Falls
– Wednesday, Jan. 15; 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living, 223 E. Bakerview Road, Bellingham
– Tuesday, Jan. 21; 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.; St. Luke’s Education Center, 3333 Squalicum Parkway, Bellingham
– Tuesday, Jan. 28; 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Deming Public Library, 5044 Mount Baker Highway, Deming
The Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement is online at www.whatcomalliance.org.