The Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office and Bellingham Police Department are asking businesses and residents to help spot meth labs. Anyone with tips is asked to call (360) 676-6913.
Any single activity may or may not be sole proof that drug dealing or methamphetamine manufacturing is occurring. However, a combination of the following may be reason for concern:
* Frequent visitors at all times of the day or night.
* Activity at the house is usually at odd hours or late at night.
* Occupants are unfriendly, appear secretive about activities.
* Occupants watch cars suspiciously when they pass by.
* Occupants display a paranoid or odd behavior.
* Extensive security at the home or signs that indicate “private property” or “beware of dog,” fences, large shrubs, bushes and trees.
* Windows blackened or curtains always drawn.
* Chemical odors coming from the house, garbage or detached buildings.
* Garbage contains numerous bottles and containers.
* Coffee filters, bed sheets or other material stained from filtering red phosphorus or other chemicals.
* Occupant sets his garbage for pick up in another neighbor’s collection area.
* What have others in your neighborhood observed?
Source: Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office