PeaceHealth has launched a new mobile app that will allow users to better navigate hospitals and locate doctors and offices.
The app is free and compatible with iPhones and Android mobile devices.
“We love this new app because, it’s designed from the patient’s perspective and with one goal in mind—helping patients and families navigate our main campus and more easily navigate related health care services,” said Nancy Steiger, CEO and chief mission officer for PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, in a press release. “Whether you’re looking for the closest lab to get blood work done on the way to work, visiting a friend in the hospital or trying to locate a specialty physician, all the information you need is now located at your fingertips. ”
Among its features, the app includes a map of all the floors in a hospital, allowing users to find specific rooms or department. One of its more innovative components allows patients to track progress of a loved one in surgery.
Additional features include:
– Parking – Identify all public parking areas around the Medical Center.
– Transit – Find out transit stops and routing times.
– Events Calendar – Check out local PeaceHealth wellness events.
– Cheer Cards – Send loved ones a Cheer Card to let them know you’re thinking about
– Financial Services – Connect to billing staff.
– Log into PeaceHealth Patient Connection – Access your secure and private electronic health record with one click.
– Web Nursery – Search lists of recent births.
On the iPhone, the app requires iOS 4.2 or later to run, while on Android phones, it requires v2.3.3 or later.
The PeaceHealth app is available in both iPhone and Android app stores.