The Pickford Film Center is hosting a three-week exhibit on the history of film theaters in Bellingham in honor of its 15th anniversary and its outgoing executive director, Alice Clark.
The exhibit will feature information and historical photos of the Pickford and other theaters that have operated in Bellingham. It will premiere at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Nov 24, with an exclusive screening of the 1926 silent film, “The Black Pirate,” featuring a cameo appearance by Mary Pickford, herself. Local band, Rattletrap Ruckus, will perform a score created specially for the film.
The historical exhibit will be on display in the lobby of Pickford Film Center, located at 1318 Bay St. in downtown Bellingham, from Nov. 24 to Dec. 15.
One section will focus on the history of film theaters in Bellingham, providing facts about the four most prominent theaters in Whatcom County’s past. Another section will feature a tour of the Pickford’s history from the past 15 years. Photos from the Whatcom County Museum and a collection of old film projectors donated to the Pickford will be on display, as well.
More information is online at www.pickfordfilmcenter.org.