The Bellingham Business Journal
At its first meeting of the year, the Port of Bellingham’s board of commissioners selected Commissioner Michael McAuley to serve as the board’s president for 2011.
“I was excited when I was elected to the port commission last year and I am looking forward to working with our new executive director and taking on a greater role this year,” McAuley said in a press release.
He said he wants to focus on greater public outreach in 2011.
The commission also voted to select Commissioner Scott Walker to serve as commission vice president and Commissioner Jim Jorgensen to serve as commission secretary for 2011.
The commission elected the same officers to its Industrial Development Corporation Board for 2011. They also decided who would serve on community boards. They selected:
• Northwest Economic Council: Scott Walker
• Whatcom Council of Governments: Michael McAuley
• Washington Public Ports Association: Scott Walker
• Whatcom County Economic Development Investment Program Committee: Jim Jorgensen
• Port Public Art Advisory Committee: Scott Walker
For more information about the Port of Bellingham, visit www.portofbellingham.com.