The Bellingham Business Journal
Haggen Foods in Bellingham’s Sehome Village has completed a major store remodel and will unveil new features at a celebration Wednesday, Nov. 10.
Work began in October but the store, located at 210 36th St., remained open during the renovation project. Celebration of the store remodel will include storewide product tastings as well as free cake servings for customers from noon to 4 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday.
Sue Yarkosky, store manager of the Sehome Village Haggen, is grateful for the understanding shown by customers during the construction work and is proud to present the store’s new look and features.
“Haggen is renowned as a leader in grocery store innovations and this store now ranks among the best in what it offers,” Yarkosky said in a press release.
Most departments inside the Sehome Village Haggen, which opened in 1992, were modified to improve their presentation, selection and appearance, said Becky Skaggs, spokesperson for Haggen stores. Customers looking for meals to eat at the store or take home with them will have more choices, including a custom sub sandwich shop and a new salad and soup bar, she said.
“We recognize that our customers are pressed for time,” Skaggs said in a press release. “We now offer more quality choices at affordable prices.”
Other improvements at the Sehome Village Haggen, which has 115 employees, include:
• A new specialty cheese counter features numerous imported and domestic cheeses. A cheese specialist is available to educate customers about the flavors and varieties of cheese.
• An expanded wine department with more selection.
• Significantly more offerings of ethnic, natural, organic and gluten-free products are accompanied by better signage so customers can easily find them.
• Free Wi-Fi Internet access is available in the store’s Market Street Café.
• The meat and floral departments now offer a wider variety of choices.
Haggen, Inc. operates 32 supermarkets in Washington and Oregon under the Haggen Food & Pharmacy and TOP Food & Drug names. Headquartered in Bellingham, it is the largest independent grocer and sixth-largest private company based in Washington.
For more information, call the Sehome Village Haggen at (360) 676-1996.