Top 10 Commercial Property Sales
1. $14,971,300: Point Roberts Marina Resort at Point Roberts Marina
Seller: P R Marina Limited Partnership (Hawaii)
Buyer: Point Roberts Resort, LP
2. $12,360,595: Courtyard Alzheimer’s Center at 848 W. Orchard Drive, Bellingham
Seller: Bellingham Special Care, LLC
Buyer: AEWSH Courtyard Senior Housing, LLC (Bainbridge Island, WA)
3. $12,200,000: Hotel Bellwether at 1 Bellwether Way, Bellingham
Seller: Hotel Bellwether, LLC
Buyer: Bellwether Harbor Investments, LLP (Vancouver, BC)
4. $11,750,000: Shell Mini Mart at 1503 and 1733 H St., Blaine
Seller: PK Sale, LLC
Buyer: Blaine Station, Inc. c/o Phillips Edison & Company, Ltd. (Cincinnati, OH)
5. $11,462,925: Hampton Inn hotel at 1661 W. Bakerview Road and 3985 Bennett Drive, Bellingham
Seller: Alexander & Associates Management, Inc.
Buyer: Scion Hotel Management, LLC (Kirkland, WA)
6. $4,976,666: Sandcastle Condominiums at 7854 Birch Bay Drive, Blaine
Seller: The Sandcastle Resort, LLC
Buyer: ARD Birch Bay, LLC (Houston, TX)
7. $4,738,456.80: Mobile Home Park with 22 spaces at 350 and 412 East McLeod Road and 341 Telegraph Road, Bellingham
Seller: Rodney and Sharon Graber
Buyer: Bayfield at Telegraph, LLC
8. $4,700,000: Paulsen Building at 12 Bellwether Way, Bellingham
Seller: Peter Paulsen
Buyer: Bellwether Harbor Investments, LLP (Vancouver, BC)
9. $4,480,000: Rodeway Inn at 3710 Meridian St., Bellingham
Seller: Harbor Lodging, Inc.
Buyer: MSL Global Corporation Ltd.
10. $4,204,770: Store at 150 E. Bellis Fair Parkway, Bellingham
Seller: Toys R Us
Buyer: VNO TRU Bellis Fair Pkwy, LLC (New York, NY)
Top 10 Residential Property Sales
1. Seller: Fred and Dorothy Amundson
Buyer: Paul and Pamela Krug
Description: 1-and-a-half story house with 5,948 square feet, 1,134 square foot finished basement, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, built in 2000, 624 square foot attached garage, 1,109 square foot patio with BBQ; situated on 2 lots with marine views.
Address: 9076 and 9080 Chickadee Way, Blaine
2. Seller: Robert and Claribel Davis
Buyer: Michael and Katie Boczek
Description: Split-level house with 3,053 square feet, 2,824 square foot finished basement, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, built in 2000, 624 square foot attached garage, 800 square foot deck; marine and territorial view.
Address: 9131 Great Blue Heron Lane, Blaine
3. Seller: Bruce and Marcia Fraser
Buyer: Dick and Linda Peterson (San Mateo, CA)
Description: 1-story house with 2,200 square feet, 1,686 square foot finished basement, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, built in 2003, 698 square foot attached garage; good marine view.
Address: 9165 Great Blue Heron Lane, Blaine
4. Seller: Steven and Wanda Martini
Buyer: James and Susan Kaemingk
Description: 1-story house with 2,581 square feet, finished basement, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, built in 1955, remodeled in 2002, 600 square foot detached garage, 2,852 square foot shop/office (built in 1986) 360 square foot balcony, 1,158 square foot deck, 100 feet shoreland, 100 feet tideland, beach access; good marine view.
Address: 2149 Northshore Road, Bellingham
5. Seller: Gene and Francoise Dunlap
Buyer: Alan Anders
Description: 2-story house with 4,813 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, built in 2001, 633 square foot attached garage, 300 square foot detached garage, 1,000 square foot deck, 1.33 acres land; marine view.
Address: 1156 Brighton Crest, Bellingham
6. Seller: Lois Nelle
Buyer: AFS AT-1, Inc.
Description: 1-story house with 2,136 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, built in 1958, 934 square foot detached garage, 840 square foot deck, 120 feet tideland; marine view.
Address: 8693 Oertel Drive, Blaine
7. Seller: Helen Goldstein
Buyer: James and Judith Woods (Hartland, WI)
Description: 2-story house with 3,032 square feet, 1,792 square foot finished basement, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, built in 1993, remodeled in 1998, 910 square foot detached garage, 552 square foot deck 1.00 acres land; marine and territorial view.
Address: 1500 Chuckanut Crest Drive, Bellingham
8. Seller: Tom Aliotti, David and Ann Peterson
Buyer: Gregory and Pamela Himes
Description: 1 story log home with 3,183 square feet, 2,331 square foot finished basement, 420 square foot loft, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, built in 1985, remodeled in 2004, 1,040 square foot attached garage, 6.26 acres land; good marine and territorial view.
Address: 597 Chuckanut Drive, Bellingham
9. Seller: John Armstrong III and Eris Armstrong
Buyer: Theodore and Sandra Bargen
Description: 2 -story house with 3,150 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, built in 1998, 812 square foot attached garage, 1,406 square foot patio, 168 feet shorefront; marine view.
Address: 3856 South Bay Drive, Sedro-Woolley
10. Seller: Patricia Dee Grenfell and Harold and Linda Lant
Buyer: Gregory Wolgamot and Sara Mostad
Description: 1-story house with 2,073 square feet, 891 square foot basement, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, built in 1953, 676 square foot detached garage; marine view.
Address: 516 Bayside Road, Bellingham
Top 10 Issued Building Permits
1. AIC Western Washington University, $30,100,000 for new educational building: WWU Academic Instructional Center. Owner: Western Washington University. Contractor: Dawson Construction Inc.
2. 410 W. Bakerview Road, $3,050,925 for new commercial building, two-story retail/office mixed-use shell-only; Bldg. F: Bakerview Square.
3. 3100 Woburn St., $3,000,000 for new 20,000-square-foot two-story building constructed atop existing parking structure (shell only). Contractor: Tiger Construction Ltd.
4. 3061 Orleans St., $3,000,000 for new commercial building: single story bank with drive through canopy structure: Whatcom Educational Credit Union. Owner: Whatcom Education CU. Contractor: Pearson Construction Corp.
5. 259 W. Bakerview Road, $2,827,280 for new multi-family building: 35 residential units in one building with minor common room over existing parking garage: Centre Point Condo. Owner: Millenia Development LLC. Contractor: Wellman and Zuck.
6. 245 32nd St., $2,223,363 for new commercial building: multi-use apartment complex with limited commercial on first floor and garage under: 30 residential units: Stoneway Apartments. Owner: Cascade land Development Co. Contractor: Cascade Land Development Co.
7. 4124 Hannegan Road, $2,000,000 for new commercial building: factory built modular bank with site-built truss, foundation and drive-through: Bank of the Pacific. Owner: Bank of the Pacific. Contractor: Newground.
8. 631 W. Bakerview Road, $1,985,094 for new multi-family building: 33 units, three stories. Owner: Belleau Woods 2 LLC. Contractor: Carey Northwest LLC.
9. 2410 James St., $1,900,000 to construct new parapets, facade clock tower and reroof existing grocery retail center, Sunnyland Square. Owner: Sunnyland Properties. Contractor: The Franklin Corporation.
10. 710 Alabama St., $1,486,430 for new commercial office building: business and service office for Social Security Administration (private ownership): Viking Properties. Owner: Justin and Janet Barton DBA Bellingham SSB 80 percent and Bellingham SSA 20 percent. Contractor: Strengholt Construction Co. Inc.