Jaymie Wakefield has been hired as a telephone referral center coordinator by the Whatcom County-based nonprofit Love INC.
Wakefield is a former director of CASA Partners therapeutic camp for kids in foster care. She also served as guardian “ad litem” for Spokane County’s CASA/GAL program.
Wakefield earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Western Washington University.
Love INC (In the Name of Christ) is a partnership of 36 local churches and volunteers working together with community agencies to assess and find resources for people coping with economic and emotional hardships.
The local agency, which is affiliated with a national organization, has been in Whatcom County since 1989. Kae Unrein is its executive director.
The organization also announced the addition of new board members:
– Ginger Hansey, of Bellingham, joins the board after working for more than five years as Love INC’s clearinghouse coordinator.
– Dan Sanford, of Lynden, a recently retired teacher at Trinity Western University and former owner of Launching Success Learning Store in Bellingham. He joins after several years as a Love INC financial coach.
– Marlyn Keller, who worked for a local government in affordable housing and developed two nonprofits in California before moving to Bellingham.
– Khalil Nakano, branch manager for Key Bank in Ferndale, who is currently serving as a Love INC financial coach.
– Lori Somday, who has 24 years of experience in the information technology field and has previously volunteered with organizations including a neighborhood food bank, an animal shelter and a local community center.
The board’s new officers are Dan Sanford, chair; Nancy Hein, vice-chair; Suzanne Rautiola, secretary; and Kristen Krumdiack, treasurer.