RSVP, a program of the Whatcom Volunteer Center, is recruiting volunteers 55 and older to help the nonprofit organization make a difference in the lives of seniors, veterans and adults with disabilities.
Volunteer opportunities include:
– Helping neighbors with chores, yard work, and home repairs.
– Delivering food to those in need.
– Offering companionship to a lonely senior.
– Driving veterans and seniors to medical appointments and essential errands.
– Educating the community about how RSVP is helping build a healthy, vibrant community for all.
In 2012, 80 RSVP volunteers served more than 3,000 hours with the Whatcom Volunteer Center’s partner agencies, Friendly Visitors and the Volunteer Chore Program. RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is a national service program that recruits and supports volunteers 55 and older in enriching service to solve national and community challenges.
For more information, call 360-734-3055 or visit www.whatcomvolunteer.org/programs/rsvp.